Where is the school located?
Motology School training is located in East Heights (Peigan and Deerfoot SE)
How much does the road test cost?
Road test permits are sold at any registry. The new government regulations have them at around $140.
Will I get an insurance discount after the training course?
We are a licensed and accredited training school by Alberta Transportation, as such, some insurance companies will offer you a discount with proof of completion (you get a certificate card when successfully completing the Motology Training course). Please note that you will need to shop around, however, most insurance companies will check the validity of your training provider.
How do I go about doing the Road Test with Motology School?
Details are emerging from Alberta Transportation regarding class 6 testing. Once we know more, we’ll let you know. In the meantime, per last year, tests need to be booked at a registry and Motology School might be able to provide a motorcycle (at additional cost and availability) for only our students.
What if the weather is not good?
We know your schedule is important and it is not easy taking time away from your life. We will train rain or shine. The only time we would cancel a lot training class is if we deem the roads to be unsafe for a ride (ie. sleet, snow, ice, etc.). So do not forget to dress for the weather.
Is there an on-road component?
Yes, after we deem you to be safe and capable, we take you out on the roads for the last few hours of your training course. You will truly get to experience riding a motorcycle on streets and get valuable lessons throughout the ride. We reserve the right to deny the on-road portion to any student due to safety concerns. Your well-being is our number one priority.
Do you do private or group classes?
We take each request on a case-by-case basis. However, for those seeking a private one-on-one class, we would boldly recommend that it is not necessary. Save your money. Motology School adheres very tightly to our 4:1 student to instructor ratio ensuring that you are getting all the necessary attention that you require. For group classes or discounts, please contact us.
What if I have to cancel due to a family emergency or something that is way out of my control?
Please refer to the Motology School cancellation policy. We will of course do our best to try and accommodate you by working with you to either re-schedule or give you credit for a later date. Re-Scheduling fees may apply.
Will there be enough time to learn everything?
- Yes, our experience has shown us where to strategically integrate knowledge based lessons into the on-motorcycle experience, ensuring that you receive a seamless combination of rider education.
Will there be any need to self-study?
- As in the past, we have recommended that students review the Alberta Class 6 operators manual. Having said that, we will continue to cover the vast majority of all concepts that pertain specifically to operating a motorcycle during the course.
Are the road tests provided by Motology School?
- As in the past, road test examinations continue to be conducted by Alberta Transportation through the registries. We do not know the time frame for their planned re-opening, however we do suggest coordinating with your local registry.
What if I need to borrow a bike for the road test?
- Motology School offers road test bike rentals at charge of $100 plus taxes. This offer is based on availability of our instructors and bikes as we would need to meet you at a local registry. This offer is only available to students of Motology School.
When should I arrive?
- Please plan to arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled course time.
What should I wear and bring?
- Please wear comfortable weather appropriate clothing.
- Denim, leather, or textile full length pants are required.
- A minimum jean or leather jacket is required.
- Riding/Driving Gloves
- DOT certified helmet
- If not a full face helmet, please bring eye protection (ie. Goggles)
- Ankle high boots, preferably leather. Do not wear runners, sneakers, heels, sandals, etc.
- Snacks and water
- Being prepared for a fun and great learning experience!